WHAT IS QEP?
The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is the component of the reaffirmation process that reflects and affirms the commitment of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on College (SACSCOC) to enhancing the quality of higher education in the region and to focusing attention on student learning.
The QEP addresses a well-defined and focused topic or issue related to enhancing student learning and/or student success. The QEP (Standard 7.2) is to have five essential elements:
- Derived from institutional planning and evaluation processes;
- Has broad-based support of institutional constituencies;
- Focuses on improving specific student learning outcomes and/or student success;
- Institution is committing and will continue to commit resources needed for the QEP to have a good chance of success; and
- Includes a plan to assess the level of that success.
Developing a QEP as a part of the reaffirmation process is an opportunity for the institution to demonstrate its commitment to continuous improvement of student learning and student success – the most fundamental role of any institution of higher education.
Learn More: SASCOC Seeking Reaffirmation Handbook (2020)
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states.